Bible Gateway

Friday, October 28, 2011

Still small voice

Hello everyone!! Sorry for not posting yesterday.  I was bitten by the stomach bug going around.  Think I got it from my little precious.  Still a little weak so this post will probably be short.  I thank God He is a healer. Even though this was a mild thing in comparison to what other people are suffering with, it reminded me to stay planted in the Word.  Confess healing scriptures even when I feel great, confess financial scriptures when the money is right, etc.  Don't wait until the situation turns sour to get in the Word, you may feel to weak, or down to do it.  The Word should be in us already so it can rise up when needed. You won't always have time to get your bible.  So do it while you can.  Valuable lesson for me, but God is a healer and we are both feeling better!!

I spoke with my sweet friend a few days ago, and her son was doing a lot better.  The nurses were going to sit him up. He finally got his ice chips too! His little mouth was so dry, so I bet those ice chips tasted sooo good!  She is at peace knowing all is well with him.  She is driving back and forth everyday and going to work so please keep her lifted up as she travels.  While talking with her I learned another valuable lesson about listening to that small voice inside. 

After I dropped her to get her car that day, the Holy Spirit whispered to me to give her some oil for her son.  Our church handed out small containers of anointing oil a while back, and I keep one in my car.  Well I talked myself out it.  I told myself she probably had some, I didn't want her to think I was trying to be all "holy" carrying oil in my car (how stupid is that), it was too late to turn around.  I came up with all types of things.  I drove back home soon forgetting about that oil.  God didn't!  When I talked to her a few days after that, she told me something her son struggled with since being in the hospital. She hadn't told anyone else, and at the time she said I don't know why I am telling you this, I haven't even told my mom.  She told me the situation and said "I prayed over him, but the only thing I wish I had was some oil"  She said, "I wish I had some oil to anoint him and his hospital room"  OMG!!!!!!  The signals went off!  I told her what the Holy Spirit prompted me to do, but I ignored Him.  We were both in awe!! All she could say was "I didn't know why I was telling you that, we don't know each other that well, but I just felt I needed to tell you"!  Let's just say I learned my lesson!  We both laughed, but inside I was so disappointed! I had not listened, I didn't obey.  I had something that was to be a blessing to someone else and didn't act on it out of fear!!

Needless to say, Mark brought her the oil the next day!  Quite dramatically of course, LOL.   He held it up like it was oil straight from heaven, you just have to know my husband! LOL Praise God!  God is so awesome, and that voice can come when you least expect it.  It may not make sense, but listen to it. You may be the very person God is using to bring about someone's healing or blessing.  You may be the person they are praying for!  I told her from now on I am listening. I don't care if the Holy Spirit says give that person a nickle.... hey they may need $100 and only have $99.95, that nickle would be a miracle in their eyes.  Listen, listen, listen!

1 Kings 19:11-12  New King James Version (NKJV)

 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nikki this is a lesson for all of us. God wants us to be obedient in every way and you have just open my eyes even more. Thanks for always being a blessing!
-Yolanda