Bible Gateway

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Do you trust in your money more than God???

 This is actually an old note I wrote on FB back in June, so I guess I am kinda cheating, but I wanted to post this until I get a chance to write something else! I needed this reminder today, BAD!!  :-)

A thought came to my mind this morning. Trusting in money over God. I know I am guilty of this big time!! Please, please don't put your security in money or things. I know I have found myself being obsessed with my bank account balance, thinking " If only I had this amount, I would feel secure" Bad choice!! Wow I made an idol out of money without realizing it! Change the way you view money, yes God wants us to save and plan, but remember to put your trust in Him and Him alone, not your job, children, cars, and especially not yourself!! God wants to know that you will trust Him if you have a negative balance, or if you have a million dollars in the bank. God loves you and He is Jehovah Jireh, He will provide for you in ways that only He can receive the glory. Think of Gideon. God used the smallest amount to accomplish his task, so Gideon and his army could not take the credit. God will take care of His children! He promised. It's amazing the things we put our trust in, for example, a chair, you trust that when you go to sit down, it will hold you up, your job, you trust on payday they will have your check, oh how much more should we trust the Lord, the maker of it all!! If you don't think you can trust Him, just tell Him, He already knows! Just pray Lord I want to trust you but I don't know how! Now that's a prayer I have prayed!! Lord I want to believe you, but help my unbelief! (Mark 9:24) That's pure honesty!!He loves you so much, He will not let you stay in the dark any longer than you allow yourself too! God is such a protector, He will also not allow certain things to happen to us until He knows we can handle it! So....if you have been confessing for that raise and haven't gotten it yet.....look at how you handle your money now, that could be a clue into why it hasn't manifested yet! He wants you to have wisdom with the small amounts before you get the boatload. Besides it's all His anyway!! He loves you, are you willing to trust the One who sent His son to die for you???
2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, His way is perfect;The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
2 Kings 18:20 You speak of having plans and power for war; but they are mere words. And in whom do you trust, that you rebel against me?
Romans 8:32. “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

No comments: