Thanksgiving is almost here, and everyone is getting ready for the excitement, food, family or just a day of rest.
Lots of people are taking the time to list things they are thankful for this holiday season. We always take this time of year to really focus on the things we are thankful for (we should do this everyday). The holiday of Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the Goodness of God and all the ways the Lord has blessed us!
I could follow that pattern and list the things I am thankful for, but I want to look at things different. I am going to tell you some things I am not thankful for!! Yep there are some things I am not thankful for, and never will be. So here goes!!
1. I am not thankful for death, but I am thankful for Jesus. He died so I don't have to mourn, and if I accept Him as Lord I don't have to "die", I will only transfer to my new home when my earthly mission is complete. Isaiah 53, Revelation 14:13, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15:55
2. I am not thankful for sickness and disease, I am thankful for Jehovah Rapha who is my healer and heals all of my diseases! Exodus 15:22-26, Psalm 103, 1 Peter 2:20-26
3. I am not thankful for poverty, but I am thankful for Jehovah Jireh, He always provides! Genesis 22:12-14, Philippians 4:19
4. I am not thankful for confusion, but I am thankful for Jehovah Shalom, He is my peace! Judges 6:22-24, Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 26:3, 1 Corinthians 14:33
5. I am not thankful for the times I have felt alone or afraid, but I am thankful for Jehovah Shammah who is always here! Ezekiel 48:35, 2 Timothy 1:7
6. I am not thankful for feeling lost, without a guide, but I am thankful for Jehovah Rohi, my sheppard, Psalm 23! I am also thankful for the Holy Spirit who never leaves my side, and is my comforter and guide. John 14:16,26
7. I am not thankful for hard battles and trials, but I am thankful for Jehovah Nissi. He is my banner and I can run to him when the battle gets too much for me! He is my deliverer. Exodus 17:15, 2 Chronicles 20:14-15
8. I am not thankful for my sin, and unworthiness, but I am thankful for Jehovah M'kaddesh, the God who sanctifies! Leviticus 20:8.
9. I am not thankful for unrighteousness, but grateful for Jehovah-Tsidkenu. He is my righteousness. Jeremiah 23:5-6. Thankful for Jesus too! He became my righteousness so I could be reconciled to the Father once and for all! 2 Corinthians 5:21
10. I am not thankful for the times I feel weak, but I am thankful for Elohim. He is strong, prominent, and mighty! Deuteronomy 10:17, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
So as you see I really am thankful but there are lots of things I am not thankful for. I thank God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for being everything I am not, doing what I can't, and loving me anyway! I pray you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful and grateful for! :-)