Bible Gateway

Monday, November 7, 2011

Peace

Peace has been on my mind all weekend.  I felt God's peace all around me.  I hate to say but it didn't seem warranted.  That doesn't make sense to my mind.  I know I should walk in God's peace all the time, but I don't.  But this past week was different.  Nothing really changed, but His peace was there. I suppose it was all along.  It was real, it was tangible.  I just have this knowing that every little thing is going to be ok.  I really don't want this feeling to end, but I know I should not be moved by my feelings, because if it does "end" I need to remember God's peace is here, around me, all the time.  I have proof!  No matter what I face, Jehovah Shalom is always there.  He is the God of peace.  It's His nature.  There is no confusion in Him.  Even when life gets unsettled, God is always there.  My head knows that, but my heart doesn't always accept it.  Now I know.  God loves me, as He does you.  Let His peace rule your heart, mind and actions from now on.  Let's make a concentrated effort to dwell in and on the peace of God.  Have all my prayers been answered?? No, but that's ok.  I know God is working it out.  I just know.  If it doesn't change overnight, that's ok.  I refuse to worry.  I choose today to dwell in peace.  My prayer is the same for you.  No matter what is going on in your life right now, the very moment you read this, cast down your worries, and choose to dwell in peace.  Peace with God, yourself, your circumstances, your family.  I don't care how bad it looks now, just trust that God is working it out for you.  You may say "yeah that's easy for you, you don't know what I am dealing with" You are right, I don't know, but God does.  Maybe you have prayed with no immediate answer in sight......keep praying, keep hoping, and you will find peace, Peace will find you.  Jesus is my peace, and He can be yours too.  I once had a license plate border that read " No Jesus....No Peace, Know Jesus......Know Peace"  I know you struggle.  We all do.  Your struggles may be bigger than mine, but peace can cover you, like your favorite blanket. "Peace is like hot chocolate for my soul"  Who doesn't like hot chocolate??  OK if you don't, let it be that warm tea, hot coffee or that nice big bowl of hot gumbo!  Maybe you like hot apple cider....let it be that.  Just let it be! Peace is there for the asking and taking.  Reach out your hand, and I promise it will overtake you!  Thank God for His peace!!   :-)

Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Numbers 6:25-26 the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 12:2  “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Nikki! The older that I get, the more that I cherish peace. You are so right, jehovah Shalom is always right here with us. I am sooooo glad that I know Him!
Keep blogging!

Gayle