Bible Gateway

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tired

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

I’m so relieved to have these five minutes. Won’t you join me?
    Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Tired…

GO

Tired, I am tired of not loving God like I should.  Not listening to the Holy Spirit like I need to.  

They are my life, my everything or are they?..... I am tired of myself......not living up to what I know I can. 

God has chosen me to live this life for Him, and if I give up and get tired, then what??  God has been so good, so loving, so caring, so kind.  I can't afford to get tired of running, I can't afford to give up. But I am tired.....Tired of the enemies tactics against my family.  Tired of his bullying us around.  Praise God for Jesus and His blood that draws the line in the sand.  I don't have to be tired anymore.  I can choose to be refreshed.  I praise God in my tiredness, and He restores my soul and spirit. I fight the devil when I tired because in my weakness God shows up.  Don't give up, don't give in. Fight, Praise, Worship even in your tiredness.  He will show you the way.  God loves you and cares for you even and especially when you are tired.  :-)

  

Isaiah 40:30-31(NIV)

Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

 

5 comments:

Trina said...

Hi, Nikki! Thanks for your encouraging comment on my FFF!
Yours is great, too. Reminds me of a Psalm - David talking himself around to a place of worship again.
Blessings,
Trina

Azuma-chan said...

You are talking about the old me. I too was so tired from being away from my lord. Going here and there, I didn't worship from the way I should.

After many failure and disappointments I got really tired. When I got back to him he was and still is kind with me.

Thank you for sharing from you heart <3 Bless you my dear =)

Nikki said...

Thank you my sisters! God is too good not to give Him the time He deserves. I just got tired of not allowing Him to do what He wants to do in my life. I think that wears you our more! It's not cool trying to do it on your own! Thank you both for stopping by :-) I really appreciate it, soooooooo much!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! Nikki I have been running around trying to make sure everything was in it's place when God wanted me to be in my place...in His presence. Thanks for the encouragement and the reminder...you are truly a blessing!!!

Simply Created by Cole said...

So beautiful! Thank you for the reminder that HE refreshes us. On the wings of eagles!

Blessings,
Cole