Bible Gateway

Thursday, February 9, 2012

God's Love

Good morning! I’ve been meaning to write this post for weeks now.  God has put something on my heart, but I haven't been obedient. Please forgive me.
This is a simple, short post.  Nothing revolutionary, but very important.  God wants you to know He loves you!! Yes, you, reading this right now!  It doesn't matter if you are a regular reader, if I sent this to you, or if you just found this. This message is for you. 
He loves you.
Let that sink in. 
He loves you regardless of what you did 20 yrs ago, 20 mins ago, 20 seconds ago, or what you will do later.  He loves you! He loves you so much He sent His Son to die for you. I know you have probably heard that since you were young, but now it’s time to really, really know it. Let it get deep down in your spirit.  He loves you.
Do you know what else?  He needs you!  Yes, you.  I don't care if you are all pierced, tatted up, pregnant and alone, divorced, angry, whatever. He needs you.
As long as there is breath in your body, He has a plan for you; a divine plan. There is someone out there waiting on you to come to them.  Someone that God needs you to touch.  Someone that only you can reach in the way they need to be reached. They may not know they need you, but He knows.
What's holding you back? 
Sin?
Anger?
The opinions of others? 
Unforgiveness?
Fear?
Whatever it is, it's not worth your life. 
If you hold on to those things, they can eventually take your life.  Maybe not in a dramatic sudden way, but sooner or later, they will become so strong you will find it hard to break free.  Maybe you are there now.  These feelings and emotions have become so strong in your life you feel there is no way out. You feel boxed in.  Well, don't allow condemnation to hold you any longer.  You can break free.
The first step is to accept Jesus into your heart as your Savior and Lord.
Okay.  You've already done that, but you still don't "feel" different. Give Him everything!  He wants all of you, not just the pieces you think He can handle.  He wants your fears, bitterness, and wrong thoughts. He wants it all.
He is not surprised by you. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. He loves you and wants you to be free even more than you want to be free. 
Trust Him. That's the next thing I need to tell you.  He says, “Trust me! I am able.  I am mighty. I hold the stars in the sky.  I hold the ocean back from the shore. I tell it how far to go. I tell the moon to shine, the sun to shine, and the rain to fall.  I can handle your bills. I can handle that cancer scare.  I can handle your grief, your troubled marriage, and child. I can handle it all because I AM! I AM all that you need.  I AM your relief. I AM trustworthy.”

Well, that's what He wants you to know today. He loves you and He wants you to trust Him. He sees you this very minute wrestling with this, and He says, “It's okay.  I AM is right there!”
I personally know how you feel.  I have been there and still go there at times.  Yet, we all need to know this. We all need a reminder.

This post is simple, yet mind boggling to some. How can God love me so much?  I don't know and I don't care, I am just grateful He does!

Matthew 11:29 (NLT)
Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Romans 8:31-40 (NLT)
What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us. Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Nikki, you're back! Enjoyed the post as always. This is the one thing that God always tells me to share with people, that He absolutey Loves us...unconditionally, no matter what. No matter how people treat us, view us, or what they think about us, one thing is constant, God loves us!
Love you Nikki...keep blogging!

Gayle

Anonymous said...

What a blessing you are to the Kingdom of God! Nikki thank you so much for allowing God to use you.

Yolanda