Bible Gateway

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Love Yourself!! God doesn't make junk..... :-)

Feels like it has been forever since I posted!  Not much has happened since the last post. Kids are still doing great and growing! Husband is still fine ;-)  Well one thing did change, I cut off all my hair at the beginning of the year to "go natural".  Seems like that is the new thing now, lol. I love it though. I will post some pics at the end.  It was quite and eye opener for me. It was one way to accept myself the way God made me.  It hasn't been easy but I am enjoying it more and more.  Thankfully I had the support of my family.  I know alot of ladies don't get that. My husband has been great and can't wait until I have a big fro! LOL  I admired some friends that did it and they encouraged me to try it, not push or anything. What harm could it do! So far so good. I didn't write about it sooner because I didn't want this to become a natural hair blog. Those are great but that's not my purpose. And it's certainly not to look down on anyone that isn't natural.  Some ladies take this natural thing too far! For me it was a good change. It makes me realize how much we try to change the things that God has intentionally given us; whether it's hair, our other features, our personalities. We try to fit into a mold to conform, to not make waves, but the Word tells us not to conform! Romans 12:2.  We don't want to be uncomfortable and we don't want to make other people uncomfortable around us! Not good! Now that doesn't mean we don't try to better ourselves and grow; but hey if your nose looks like whatever then know God doesn't make mistakes!! You may not like your eyes, your stature, or the way your hair falls to that one side, BUT He knew what He was doing when He created you! That got me through many bad hair days, lol. He says He knows the number of hairs on my head....Luke 12:7....whether they be straight or curly.  This applies to everyone, no matter what the situation. Does it have to be as drastic as a hairstyle choice?....No. Just love yourself knowing that God loves you, He created you for a purpose, He created you for Himself! He is not mad at you , nor does He regret creating you. I have dealt and do at times deal with low self esteem so I know how that feels but FOR ME doing this hair thing was a great way to break out of that! I have to accept myself before anyone else can and the same goes for you! Ask the Lord to help you strengthen your image in Him. It's not about pleasing people but about pleasing the Father. When we don't accept ourselves we are telling Him He made a mistake. God doesn't take kindly to that! He is the author of the universe and knows what He is doing and what He wants!

Well I didn't want this to turn into a blog about hair...so I will let that go. :-)   Just remember God loves you!!!

6 months natural 7/3/2012
A few pics:
The day after my BC 1/3/12

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG....STOPPED BY TO SEND ENCOURAGEMENT YOUR WAY. YOUR SIS IN CHRIST
LAREASHIA

Nikki said...

Thank you so much!! I need the encouragement, maybe that will keep me writing :-)